Faith is putting all eggs in Gods busket. Only a person with faith remains positive in the midst of hardships, difficulties or tests. Only a person with faith is confident that there is life beyond the test or crisis. Our faith takes us through the storms of life. We are facing tests. This coronavirus is a test that God allows to check the object of our faith and stability of it. How confident are we? How strong are we?
We can only know if we are strong if we are tested. Our faith is as strong as the tests we overcome. What we are facing is not temptations. Temptations are things that come as a result of our foolish behaviour, actions and decisions. Temptations lead to deterioration, death not growth but tests lead to maturity, strength of character, endurance and confidence. Tests are the common things which are part of life that demand trust in God. Tests build us up but temptations tear us apart and bring us down.
James 1: 12-17 gives us insight on testing. I believe we must place our faith in God. I believe we must have faith in God’s power not his performance. True faith is strengthened by God and we have to be convicted of it.
Most believers today lack faith and that us why they seem hopeless. Matthew 13:58 says Jesus did not perform miracles in his home town of Nazareth because of lack of faith.
We should place our faith in God, Mark 11:22 is the key to successful living beyond tests.
Some of the ways to cope with covid19 crisis are:
- Stay focused on God.
- Stay focused on your goals.
- Keep calm
- Limit your exposure to bad news so you don’t become overwhelmed and ineffective.
- Spend time learning to improve your skills.
- Think about your lifelong mission and start working on it.
- Stay focused, engaged and connected to family and friends to reduce stressful moments.
- Drink a lot of water, stay healthy, both physically and mentally. .
- Build resilience for self to keep up with isolation from friends, family etc.
I wish you the best in this season.
Dr. Samuel Odeke