I think my desire is to open your eyes so you know what this concept means. Investing in self refers to processes and actions that bring added value to your life. Here are the ways you can invest in yourself.
- Read for growth not only knowing materials taught in school. Read books outside of textbooks.
- Talk to successful people and get a mentor. Successful people are always willing to share their stories with you. Pick their ideas and watch and do what they do and don’t do what they don’t do.
- Identify good friends of character or quality people. They will improve your life.
- Travel far. The more you travel, your perception changes about life. The entire world will change.
- Take courses to build skills because a skill can’t be taken away
- Build good health habits to avoid future bills or invoices on health, costing your capacity to produce or be productive.
- Start thinking for business to earn money. What can you do?
- Organise your life, time management and block time.
- Learn to teach others it leads to mastery and better understanding.
- Build finance streams of income.
- Keep your image as a person of integrity. Short cuts are costly in the long run.
- Expose your self to good ideas and positive thoughts.
- Learn a new language, its like a new tool.
- Increase your time for self-discipline, self-introspection. Think about your life. Are you satisfied with how it is? Are you happy with everything you have done? Have you made a contribution to this world?
- Apply the 80/20 rule. Learn how it works.
Dr. Samuel Odeke