Job Title: Business Development Officer (BDO)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The Centre for Transformation and Servant Leadership (CTSL) Uganda, is a Christian leadership organisation committed to developing, coaching, mentoring and empowering aspiring leaders. CTSL essential business includes leadership development, coaching, training, mentoring and empowering. CTSL helps Organisations to develop organizational strategies, vision and mission statements, equip and empower them with resources, training and workshops to help them address local problems and bring local solutions.
CTSL is looking to employ a driven and detail-oriented business development officer to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategies for CTSL.
Scope Of Work
Under the supervision of the Director and Management, she/he will identify, develop and execute strategies, profitable business opportunities, secure sound business deals, and lead business development associates to increase CTSL’s sales and profits. He or she will identify products and services that are underperforming, developing an in-depth knowledge of offerings, pricing, and policies, and improving existing sales proposals that will make CTSL to achieve revenue targets.
She/he should be adept at negotiating business deals and able to make sound decisions that will benefit CTSL. Additionally, such persons should have strong business acumen as well as demonstrate excellent management, communication, and analytical skills.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop business and marketing plans in coordination with Managing Director to achieve revenue goals.
- Develop strategies, business proposals for new and existing customers.
- Develop creative strategies to retain the clients including interviewing them to take their feedback and incorporate it into the growth plan.
- Research the market for identifying new business opportunities.
- Develop strong customer relationships in order to generate high volume of prospective clients.
- Manage customer calls and appointments effectively for new opportunities.
- Respond to the client queries regarding the products in a timely fashion.
- Develop in-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective clients and industry trends.
- Work closely with the Directors, Management, and staffs of CTSL to ensure linkages and referrals are done in a safe, effective and timely manner.
- Promoting the Organisation on Social-Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and creating awareness of the experience of the Organisation through diverse strategies.
- Developing and pitching ideas for potential investors.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Educated at degree level in Business (Business Administration, Finance & Accounting, Management Science, Digital Marketing, Development Economics, Business Computing, Business Statistics or any other related course) from a recognized university.
At least one (1) year of prior professional experience in a similar post and marketing preferably with an Organisation, or Companies.
Knowledge And Skills
- Strong business knowledge and experience
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills and ability
- Strong negotiations skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication ability in English
- Ability to gain trust and build relationships with new clients
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and general Social-Media knowledge.
- Experience in regular report writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment
Interested applicants should send a copy of their CVs (not more than 5 pages), cover letter, and academic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY successful applicants will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for receiving applications is November 19th,2021
Center for Transformation & Servant Leadership
Unit 7 Noble Start Homes
P.0 Box 4881 Kampala,