I thought I should use this moment to share something I said a couple of weeks back. When I finished my undergraduate degree and left university to start real life I knew there were battles and wars to fight. I knew I was alone and had nobody to count except God. I knew I had nobody at the top to pull me but I had to do every to rise from the floor to the top and ascend to the top. I knew the world is not easy and life is hard but there would be opportunities even for me.
Here are the thoughts and lessons that guided my life. I knew I would have to do the following at all costs:
- Defend the truth and live with correct ideas and pursue my purpose.
- Decision would determine my destiny, life and legacy.
- Character would carry me through the course of life.
- Success would be linked to obedience to principles, laws and commandments.
- Personal growth and development, learning are key to success and management of life.
- Development of strong faith was critical.
- Building productive relationships and association with people with integrity, who challenge, inspire me and want the best out of me
- Learning to manage seasons and mysteries of life, manage people, manage circumstances and problems.
- Doing something that makes a difference in people’s lives, add value
- Doing everything I can and leaving what i can’t do to God as I pursue my purpose.
Hope this will help you reflect on something.
Dr. Samuel Odeke