This is probably an area which someone needs to study to gain insight about its relevance in life. First, let me state a shocking statement here. God has plan’s for you but he does not plan for you. You have to make a plan yourself. And if you don’t have a plan, you will fail. If you plan to succeed you have to have a plan. What is a plan? It is a clear and systematic blueprint that gives you direction.
It is a roadmap that you follow continually to reach your destination. The destination is where you get your dreams, hopes, aspirations, deepest desires and vision. It helps you pursue your mission. Life demands a plan. A plan is important because it tells you what to do and what not to do. What you do will cost you. It will demand your time, energy, money, effort, skills and other resources. When you have a plan you know where to use the resources.
What i have seen is most people walk around without a plan and they simply hope life will change miraculously by prayer alone. If you have no plan, you are planning to fail. Again a plan contains your goals, actions you need to do to reach the desired outcomes.
Now, strategic thinking is different from other types of thinking such as critical thinking, design thinking, reflective thinking, among. Strategic thinking is a unique process that gives you the power to see where you want to be in 5, 10 or 20 years from today.
It gives you the tool to picture yourself reaching your goals. And it culminates the creation of strategic plans. The strategic plans contain long-range goals. Strategic thinking has the following benefits:
1. Enables you to reposition or organize yourself for the unknown future.
2. Helps you to understand the forces and threats to your survival as a person or company or organisation.
3. Involves the crafting of vision and mission and long term goals.
4. Review and adoption of core values and principles.
5. Identification of allies and partners.
6. Effective use of scarce resources and management.
7. Gives you the opportunity to develop capacity and mentor the next leadership for succession.
8. Prepares you for competition, and successful companies have experts in strategic thinking and planning.
9. Restructuring, reengineering, review and revaluation of all areas of organisation life. Remember, the organisation have a lifetime.
10. Enhance sustainable development and growth of entities and organisations.
If you want to engage in strategic thinking here is a question to answer:
1.What do you want to achieve in 10 or 20 years?
2. Where do you want to be?
3. How will you get there?
4. Who are the partners? You need people to help you.
Hope this something to help you, rethink your life. If you don’t engage in strategic thinking, you will in future be reactive. You can be a victim or agent of change and hope.
Good reading 😂😂😂😂
Dr. Samuel Odeke